Saturday, November 13, 2010

Snow, current obsessions/annoyances.

Last night marked the first snow fall in Nebraska.
I got so excited that I whipped out my Christmas music and made some hot chocolate.
There's just something so magical about snow, it just fills up my soul.
I woke up this morning and rushed to look out my window, and it was all melted already, which I suppose is fine for now--since I would really love to roadtrip to Denver next weekend with some of my very favorite people to see some more of my very favorite people. It will be the the best mini vacation. I will be losing my ice-skating virginity, and Colorado with my dearest friends is the perfect place to do so. :)

--------------------------------------
Current obsessions: Mexican hot chocolate & Spanish music.

One of my oldest and dearest friends is in Mexico this semester studying abroad,
I've been living vicariously through her for the past few months. I'm so jealous of all the Spanish she's learning, she is going to put me to shame this summer when we go back to Mexico!
She recently told me about Mexican hot chocolate--hot chocolate with lots of cinnamon! It's become a daily treat for me. (Fun fact: I read that cinnamon helps burn fat so now I put it in my coffee and cereal, too!) It's soo good and reminds me of a wonderful friend whom I miss dearly. She also told me about her favorite Spanish music, which has been playing nonstop on Pandora while I work on my Spanish paper. (Thanks, Michelle!) I figure it's a small way to help put some more Spanish in my life, although it really just makes me more jealous of all of her adventures and miss Reynosa. I can't wait to see this girl in December!
--------------------------------------
Current annoyance: Husker football dominates Lincoln.
The library is closed during all home games and the closest coffee shops are downtown--downtown Lincoln on game day is a disaster--lots of traffic, zero parking, and lots of drunk people. Productivity usually doesn't peak for me while I'm at my apartment, mainly because everywhere I go, my bed and couch are very close. (one downfall to a studio apartment) All my movies & books stare me in the face, too and I'm in the
cleaning/organizing mood. I must refrain.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment