Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Random thoughts on a Wednesday

1. I'm so incredibly blessed.
God is waaaay too good to me.
I have heard a million and one absolute horror stories over the past few days.
I have absolutely nothing to complain about, and a million and one things to praise God for.
2. I have the most wonderful parents I could ask for.
3. I really, and I mean really miss camp. I kind of forgot how powerful of an experience it was until someone recently asked me what was so great about it. I couldn't even put it into words. I'm not sure I want to imagine what my life would be like had I not worked there. Okay, so it's not like I'd be in jail or anything, I just made incredible life-long friends there. I grew so much (although I still have a long way to go), and my faith grew even more than that. When you're put in a world surrounded by God's creation, no technology and a ton of awesome staff/kids, things change. So thankful for that.
4. My mind has a hard time focusing on the present.
Instead of writing my Spanish paper, I'm busy worrying about things that are tomorrow or next week or next year.
5. Just started rereading Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow.
Brilliant, deeply convicting stuff right there.
I highly, highly recommend you read it.
(Thanks for returning it, Jordan! I couldn't have gotten it back at a better time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment