Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Update from late May-June 2nd.

Miss Paisley Joan :)


Back to the beginning.
In May, I finally had the conversation with a certain someone that had been two years in the making. Things didn't exactly end up as I had hoped. This happened the week before I left for camp. My niece was also due to be born while I was at staff training and I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to leave camp to be there with my sister. I also didn't think I was ready to give up technology, air conditioning, and being able to do what I wanted, when I wanted.
Needless to say, I was not excited to leave.
[Now that I'm home, I'd give anything to be back there.]

Staff training started, and I thankfully had a few familiar faces there to greet me. When I first arrived everyone was happy and peppy and playing games, to be honest...I thought they were a little weird. I wondered what in the world I had gotten myself into. Now I'm just as "weird" as I once thought they were.

The first few days, I definitely cheated on the "no cell phone" rule, but my sister was about to have a baby, can ya blame me? I had waited and waited to ask my boss if I would be able to leave once I got the much anticipated phone call from my sister. I was so scared to ask her, I knew that if she said no, I would have a mini-breakdown right then and there. I finally got the guts to ask her, and she said "Of course, you HAVE to leave!" She even offered an extra day off to me, but I knew that would just make it harder to go back. This is turning into a longer post than necessary..ramble, ramble, blabla..

Paisley was born. Not quite sure I have ever been so happy in my life as I was the second I laid eyes on that beautiful little girl. Such a miracle babies are. There's no denying that it was one of the biggest "God moments" of my summer, and my life for that matter. It's amazing to think that God created her and He knows everything about her and has a plan for her life already, just as He does for yours and for mine.


Next post--staff training: part 2

I'm off to Starbucks with Lea.
:)

1 comment: