Friday, August 20, 2010

Summer Summary












Wow. I really stink at updating. Everyday I keep wanting to update on my daily activities but I tell myself I can't do that until I update you on the rest of my summer...which frankly will take forever and probably just make me depressed that it's over. So...

In a (somewhat long) nutshell:
Working at camp was the absolute best thing I have ever done in my life.
I learned so much about life and about myself.
My faith grew tremendously.
I realized that everything you need is in Creation and in people.
I loved my life without technology.
I made amazing friends.
I learned to live a lot simpler.
I tried new things such as high ropes and horses.
(I will never get on another horse as long as I live, but hey I tried.)
I grew so much and became a lot more secure with who I am.
I experienced many "God moments" and constantly stood in awe of Creation.

Now camp was not always perfect,
there was a not-so-wonderful situation towards the end that I thought had just ruined the whole summer, but without that experience, I would not have grown quite as much. and to be honest, I realized that had this "situation" not been there before camp, I wouldn't have even applied to work there.
Yes, I did the unthinkable. I followed a boy. [insert sigh of disapproval here.]
Obviously, it didn't end up working out. (which I am okay with now)
But..had I not done that, I would not have had this life changing summer.
Funny how God works sometimes, isn't it?
He knew I'd fall for His trick of putting this person in my life at that time.
Well Big Guy, you were right..again.
I am so thankful for every situation I went through this summer, good or bad.


Basically, I will never be the same.
At least that is my hope, I don't ever want to forget what I have learned or the friendships that I made.
As my boss says, we were on a "spiritual high" this summer.
It scares me to death that I can feel myself coming off of this "high", but I am so thankful to have a few camp friends in Lincoln to remind me of my amazing summer.




Not exactly the detailed posts of what I planned, but now it's done and you can expect daily updates again!

No comments:

Post a Comment