Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sittin' loose in the saddle [trying]

One of the greatest pieces of advice I have ever heard came from my friend, Becca.
We were chatting about my future. For those of you who don't know...I don't really like thinking about the future. I'm not in love with where I'm at in life right now either, though, so sometimes I want to think about the future. Hmm...tricky. anyway...

"Sit loose in the saddle." is what Becca told me to do.

I don't have my perfect life plan mapped out. I don't have a specific goal in mind. I can't say that I've ever been one of those girls who could picture themselves working here, marrying him and naming their kids such and such. I've always thought that was rather odd..but then I suppose my expectations aren't too high, right? I'm not completely clueless as to what I want to do in life, but I don't have any specific ideas.
I have complete trust in God that He will reveal to me what it is I am supposed to do, but sometimes (like now) I am completely impatient and frustrated.

I feel like I am wasting my time sitting at school studying things that I will never, ever use in my life. (Spanish has the potential to be useful, though) Then I get even more frustrated when I have to deal with the homework and trying to get good grades for classes that will never be of use to me.

I need to keep reminding myself to "sit loose in the saddle" and just take life one day at a time. I don't have the perfect plan mapped out, but God sure does. And it is guaranteed that His is a lot better than mine.

PS--Thanks, Becca :)

1 comment:

  1. It's true though. If I could go back to my college-self I would say the same thing. Quit worrying, stop over-thinking, relax, enjoy your girlfriends, stop trying to figure out boy-crush, dive into creative things, learn lots of new hobbies that interest you, and then watch your life unfold just as God has intended.

    Obviously, I never go there until I watched my life unfold :) I think you're totally normal, thinking through everything just as I did. But when your brain starts to loop the same thoughts over and over, then it really is time to relax and sit loose in the saddle. :)

    ReplyDelete