Sunday, February 13, 2011

surprises in the mailbox.


Had a few lovely little surprises when I got home!
I love that I have friends who are letter writers. The only mail I ever get is bills, wrong addresses or junk, so I love it when I see an envelop with actual handwriting on it! I even got a cute little homemade barrett from my sweet friend, Michelle for Valentines day. All three letters that I got just made my day even better.
I love that it's something tangible that I can keep, whereas a text message or an email gets deleted when your inbox fills up. I hope these are things I can look back on when I'm older and prove that not every young person was a product of this technological environment. ;)
Sure, it's much easier to call, text or facebook the person you want to talk to, but it's so much more meaningful knowing someone took the time to handwrite you a note and send it through snail mail just to brighten your day. Once again, thankful for such great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment