Monday, January 10, 2011

Thankful.

Today I am thankful for...

...inspiration from a friend to push through the last of these essays. & knowing that the final goal is way more important than the now.
...being able to sleep in, wake up to beautiful (yet dangerous) snow, coffee and a warm shower.
...that a dear friend made it back to Nebraska safely. barely. so Praising God today.
...my wonderful kids at work who I am so excited to finally see again.
...my awesome new work schedule: On Mondays, I get an hour and a half to myself before the kids wake up from their nap! This time will be used for working on my Bible study.
...my boss for so graciously working around my school schedule.
...all of the people who work snow removal, especially my friends James and Lance who had to go to work at midnight.
...my lovely neighbor, Sara, for helping me dig out my car. took 45 minutes!
...friends with young hearts who want to watch Christmas movies and go sledding on snow days. (wish I could join in, but we don't get snow days from work!)
...my wonderful dad, who put a shovel and de-icer in my trunk. What would I do without him?
...enthusiasm for a new beginning this semester, hoping my "resolutions" stick around.
************************************************************
I keep thinking of these verses today, I'm so thankful for the position I'm in right now.

"Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for Him.
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him,
to the one who seeks Him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord.
It is good for a man to bear the yoke
while he is young.
Let him sit alone in silence,
for the Lord has laid it on him.
--Lamentations 3:22-28


Hope you all enjoy your snow day, or have safe travels if you have to go to work! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment