Sunday, January 9, 2011

snow day.


I have a love/hate relationship with the snow.
Mostly love.
Except while driving, it turns into hate.
I never want to drive ever again.
Does anyone elses body seem to go into shock after starting to slide, or is it just mine?
My heart is pumping and my head is still pounding and I've been home for 15 minutes.
We have a snow day tomorrow, which is okay with me, but I was actually looking forward to starting this semester off. I just wish we got snow days from work, too. The worst of the weather is supposed to come tomorrow, so I'm hoping by noon it's good enough for me to get to work. A friend is having everyone over for breakfast and movies tomorrow which I am excited about, but I'll have to see how the roads are before I make that extra trek.

After that rant, I just realized that my drive was worth it. I drove to a "welcome back" worship service at church and had a great talk with a friend. It was just what I needed to kick off a new semester, a new year.
Now I'm going to go enjoy my second cup of candy cane dark hot chocolate and continue my (what seems like) millions of application essays.
I can't wait to get those babies sent off in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment