Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas break recap, part 1.


Christmas was definitely different this year. Many of our holiday traditions were cut out due to the death of my wonderful grandpa. I have to say though, he had the neatest funeral I've ever been to and despite the circumstances, it was a really fun day with my extended family. We went through tons of old pictures of my dad, aunts and uncles. The cousins and I had to claim that we were not related to them after seeing a few too many. :)
On a lighter note, Christmas was also different because we had a baby there this year!
It was my niece's first Christmas and she made things so much fun. I can't wait until next year when she'll be able to open presents by herself.

I got to see my closest friends from high school again, and we had a blast. Hours of board games with some of my very favorite people. If you've got a bunch of goofy friends, try out Quelf. Hilarious.
I also nerded out for a few days and worked on a puzzle and some books. Relaxing at home always feels so good.

And this concludes Christmas break, part 1.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Quelf recommendation! How old do you think you have to be to play it? (I am getting together with my sister and her family soon and wondered if her girls can play?!!)

    I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. Isn't it amazing how funerals can turn into such incredible family times? I always think the person who passed would be pleased to see their family laughing together and enjoying each other.

    Your Christmas break sounds perfect. We always do a puzzle...something about having time just to putz and sit and concentrate so hard on something so mindless. I love it.

    Can't wait to hear about Passion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quelf--all in all, I think a lot of people would think it is a dumb game, I think I just loved it so much because the friends I played it with are really goofy and were willing to do anything the card says to do. Some of it is charades type stuff, writing a poem about a random object/person, doing a certain action whenever a certain word is said..etc. funny stuff. As for age--your nieces might need adult partners :)

    I am working on my LVC app all day, then I will be posting about Passion! :)

    P.S. I saw a band called Gungor twice while at Passion and Lisa Gungor reminds me of you!

    ReplyDelete