Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dust bunnies don't hop.

First off, I need to pre-apologize for the long post. It's story time, everyone. Please prepare yourselves.

My worst camp-fear came true.
In Lincoln.
Inside my apartment.

Never have I ever been so grossed out in my life.
Let's retell this traumatic event, shall we?

I was minding my own business, rearranging my apartment around 2am.
Not the typical evening, but I couldn't sleep.
(&thank goodness I was awake or who knows how I would have stumbled upon this.)
I spotted something on the floor, even did a double take and realized it was just a dust bunny.
Then, it MOVED.
Dust bunnies do NOT hop.
Frog.

I quickly jumped on my bed, phone in hand and well..started freaking out.
Screaming to myself.
0.2 seconds away from crying like a baby.
There was no way I was going to touch that thing.
First instinct: Call Dad.
Then I remembered if I called him at 2 am he would think I was lying in a ditch somewhere, not having a battle royale with a frog.
Next instinct: Call Dave.
Dave lives 7 hours away from Lincoln. He would have been useless.
I don't use my common sense when I panic.
Light bulb: Sara lives next door.
I texted Sara, praying she was still awake, or by golly I was going to pound on her door until she was.
Two minutes later, Sara was at my door.
She very bravely trapped the toad under a cup while I jumped and screamed every time it moved.
I am useless.
She slid a plate under the cup and then we both ran outside. Poor thing took a nice ride through the air when Sara threw the cup from the doorway.
Both the plate and the cup are in the trash can.

I then borrowed indoor bug spray from Sara, spent the night lying awake, seeing images of frogs in my mind. I could not stop itching, my skin was crawling people. Frogs do not belong inside!

I didn't even go to school today because I was so freaked out something else would get in while I was gone. I spent the day deep cleaning my place like it was nobody's business.
The nice little maintenance man brought me a thingy that goes under your door so nothing can crawl in.

I still have about 3 loads of laundry to do, but I ran out of quarters. I know I will not sleep until everything has been completely deep cleaned. Even things that don't touch the floor got a nice 409 disinfectant shower.
I couldn't even eat or drink anything until about an hour ago. Every time I tried, I only saw frogs.
Eeewwwww. Weirdest thing ever.

What a day.

2 comments: