Friday, March 12, 2010

The Irresistible Revolution

"The greatest cause of Atheism is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door and deny him with their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable." --Brennan Manning

I found this quote inside the book called The Irrestible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. I could not put it down. I probably won't be able to explain it very eloquently..

Just prepare to get uncomfortable, feel worthless and then inspired. And then prepare to pray like crazy that the inspiration doesn't leave you. I do not want to be the same person I was before I read this book just last week.

Shane writes about all of the time he has spent helping people from the poor, the lepers, to the families in Iraq. He strives to live an "authentic" Christian lifestyle and live out the incredible love that Jesus has for all of us. He questions a lot of things about the church and Christianity today.

If you're looking for a good book to read over the break, I would recommend this one. Excited to read the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment