Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snuggies, tupperware, and Candyland



Right about now, I'm really wishing I had a snuggie. I never thought I'd say that but my arms are cold and they have to be exposed to the freezing air in my room to type. Anyway...

This morning at church, the message was explained through a demonstration using tupperware. This is about to get confusing, bear with me..

Matt used a medium container that was labeled "you", he put a smaller container labeled "sin" inside of "you", then "you" & "sin" were placed into a larger container labeled "sin", as well. After this, Jesus entered the scene. He took "sin" out of "you" and "you" out of "sin". "You" was placed inside of "Christ" and a smaller "Christ" was placed inside of you. Finally, "Christ","you", and "Christ" were placed inside of "God".
I realize these little visuals may be silly, but sometimes it helps people to understand things better or have a clearer view on what our Savior has done for us.
Sin is a somewhat confusing topic for me. I know that I am a sinner by birth, we all are. We all sin every day, most of us probably do it without even realizing. The hard thing for me to understand is that God sees us as perfect and loves us the same.
Oddly enough, I always think of Candy Land when I think of my mistakes. If I catch myself making a mistake, I feel like God is going to pluck me off of my spot near Queen Frostine and take me back to the candy canes or "lose a turn". Not true. While my mistakes certainly aren't pleasing to God, He isn't knocking me off the board saying "haha, sucks to be you" and putting good things further from my reach.

I'll close with Colossians 1:27:
"God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

No comments:

Post a Comment