Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thursday.

By the time Monday afternoon rolls around, I wonder to myself--"Is it Thursday yet?" The reason I love Thursdays is not just because of the insane amount of tv that is on (thank you, inventor of DVR) or because Fridays tend to follow Thursdays, but because I get to spend quality time with some lovely ladies and the Lord. Thursday is Bible study night. After enjoying some free eats, and often sneaking dessert out, we venture off to our claimed spot and fill each other in on what has happened in our lives since the last week. Once the gabbing is done, it's time to dig into the study. A few of the lovely ladies and myself.

This past week, our study was over Colossians 1:3-8.
Here's a snippet.


"4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the
love
which you have for all the saints;
5 because of the hope laid up for you in heaven, of which
you previously heard in the
word of truth
, the gospel
6 which has come to you, just as in all the world also it
is constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as it has
been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and
understood the grace of God in truth;"


The part that stands out to me the most when I read this is "hope laid up for you in heaven". What a wonderful thing to strive for and look forward to.

I always have a hard time putting into words just how I feel about God. No words of mine can ever do Him justice. It would take too many hours, and too many pages to write everything. I feel that sometimes it's best to just keep it simple, so with that--
"God is love."
[Contrary to popular belief, this was not written by Rev Run.]
"God is love. Whoever lives in love, lives in God, and God in him."
--1 John 4:16



Each week we have an "application" aspect of our study. "Thankfulness" was one of the themes. Our lovely leader, Caitie, mentioned that many of us have a hard time thanking people who have had some sort of impact on our faith. One of my goals is to start challenging myself more, and by doing this I decided it would be a good idea to thank a new person each week, whether it be in person, by mail, etc. [It's going to take a few months] This week it is going to be my lovely Grandmother, whom I adore. For me, writing a letter is a good way to do this. You are able to get all your thoughts in one place. Plus, who doesn't enjoy a cute piece of stationary or sending a smile to someone you love?
Who are you thankful for?

1 comment: