Monday, March 28, 2011

kid quotes

Devon: (3 yrs old): "Look at those gorillas, Miss Alyssa!" Me: "Where? I don't see any." Devon: "Look out the window!" Me: "huh?" Devon: "You know, what you hold when it's raining!" Me: "Devon, that's called an umbrella, a gorilla is a big monkey." Devon: "Nope. You use gorillas when it rains."

Reminds me of the parents/carrots mix up I had just a few weeks ago. Me: "Quinn, your parents are going to be sad when I have to tell them you were in timeout." Quinn: "Which ones?" (lots of confusing dialogue later...) Quinn: "Which ones? My orange, crunchy parents that I eat? Or my mommy and daddy?" My job is so entertaining, yet so confusing sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. That being said, Mary Poppins would have been much better had she been holding an actual gorilla.

    ReplyDelete