Friday, March 25, 2011

Book review: The Book Thief, Markus Zusak

"The people who climbed the trees were called word shakers.
The best word shakers were the ones who understood the true power of words. They were the ones who could climb the highest. One such word shaker was a small, skinny girl. She was renowned as the best word shaker of her region because she knew how powerless a person could be without words.
That's why she could climb higher than anyone else.
She had desire. She was hungry for them."

Everyone go to your library or nearest bookstore and get yourself a copy of The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak. Right now.
I could have read this in one sitting. Absolutely beautiful story. I was a little unsure at the beginning, having found out that the narrator of the story is Death himself..but I couldn't put this book down. I even snapped at my dad when he was trying to talk to me as I finished the last few pages. (Sorry, dad!)
I'm always a little sad to finish a good book, sad to leave the characters behind, as if I actually knew them.
this was no exception. definitely one I will read again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment