Friday, October 8, 2010

Preschool drama.

My kids at work have become obsessed with getting married.
Obsessed.
They're in preschool.
It all started when Britta said she wanted to marry Ben. Then I had two girls crying shortly after because they're lovers were taken.
Ben likes Britta. Ruby likes Ben. Rhett likes Ruby. Harper likes Rhett. Chloe and Hope are the smart ones of the bunch.
Oh, the drama.
Now not only do they talk about marrying each other, but they hold hands everywhere they go, and I've caught Ben and Britta kissing twice now!
This little relationship is so strange, it's not just chasing each other on the playground--if Ben gets a time out, Britta will go hold his hand and comfort him. I don't know how to handle 4 year old crushes, so I just tell them not to touch each other so they don't spread germs. My, my kids start younger all the time.
The kids then started asking me why I wasn't married.

*Ben: "Miss Alyssa, where is your wedding ring?"
Me: "I don't have one, Ben, I'm not married."
Ben: "But you're like 64 aren't you?"
Ben proposed to me shortly after this, and the kid thought I was his grandma's age 5 minutes earlier.

*Ellie: "Why aren't you married yet? Have you not picked your favorite boyfriend?"

* * * * * * *
This one has nothing to do with marriage, but it's hilarious.
Ruby: "My daddy is here!
Me: "It's only 3, Ruby, he's not here yet."
Ruby: "But I smell beer!"

don't worry our preschool does not serve beer,
but some days you would think the sippy cups are spiked with how hyper these kids get.

Never a dull moment, that's for sure.

4 comments:

  1. exactly why i work with children. oh my goodness... HILARIOUS! isn't it terrifying what we're subconsciously teaching the youth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww haha. That's adorable. I love little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I love this. sounds like a lot more fun than applebees, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. worlds better than the bee's. i actually i'm excited to go to work everyday with this job. with applebee's it ruined my whole day lol

    ReplyDelete