Thursday, April 1, 2010

One big, bittersweet, potentially life altering day.

Tomorrow is a big day.
One big, bittersweet, potentially life altering day.

Tomorrow, I turn 20.
Tomorrow, I also find out where I will be going to school for the rest of my undergrad years.
I am scared for both.
I can no longer have the mindset of "I'm just a teenager."


I always think women in their 20's are wiser, more put together and have their lives figured out.
Wrong-o. At least for this almost 20 year old.
I don't even know what state I will be living in next year.

At the same time, I am also excited for tomorrow.
I like to think of my birthday as the new year instead of it being in January.
(Technically the new year for each person is on their birthday, right?)
Right.
I am also ready to make this decision that has been haunting me for over a year.
I am ready for a new year, a new decade.
A new year possibly being at a different school, in a different state.
Or possibly a new year living in the same city with the same people.
Either way, it will be a new year and a time to renew myself.

I've got high hopes for you, 20.
Don't let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment